Thursdays @ 3:00 - 4:00pm
- Kate Horne
(Click on “Schedule” above to view curling days and special events. Or “Register” for information on how to register your child online.)
FUN and development of basic curling skills and self-esteem.
Kids are split into novice and intermediate groups based on age and skill.
- Instruction on basic to higher level skills depending on the capabilities and needs of the kids
- Games appropriate to the skill level of the group, including real game play
- Special event dates: ‘bring a friend day’, Christmas, Jersey Day
- Participate in the Salmon Arm Skill Program and Curl BC Skills Award Program earning Curl BC skill badges
- Free access to curling shoes (if sizes available), grippers, brooms, delivery devices and sticks
Dick Mann, Lorelei Guidos, Kate & Darryl Horne . . . all volunteers! We require a high instructor to junior ratio for safety and delivery of a great program! We need YOUR help. If you feel you need some ‘basic training’ before you help out, Kate & Darryl Horne are both certified ‘coach trainers’ with Curl BC; they’d be happy to spend some time with you.
Shoe fitting days: Saturday, Oct 1 noon to 2:00pm and Thursday, Oct 13 4:00 to 6:00pm. First come – first served (some sizes are limited).
Shoes will remain at SACC – tagged with curler’s name. SACC brooms and delivery devices are available but must remain at the club.
We encourage players to purchase their own. Proper fitting shoes with a well cared for slider make a world of difference to skill development.
NO JEANS, please! Curlers need stretchy pants to get into a proper slide position. SWEAT PANTS ARE GREAT! Dress warmly – gloves that don’t allow hands to slip down the broom (knitted gloves are too slippery), toques, layers are good.
We are pleased to announce that the Thompson Okanagan Inter City Curling League has been resurrected to begin operations Jan 15, 2023! This is offered as an option if your child is ready for more competitive play and more game play. Thompson Okanagan Inter City Curling League schedule is below!