Saturdays @ 12:00 PM
$200 Entry per 2 person team!
Game time: Noon
Starts Saturday, Oct 24 and runs until Dec 19th, 2020.
** Exception – November 7 (SACC is organizing a ‘test’ bonspiel that weekend).
We’ve seen Mixed Doubles on TV
Doubles Curling is growing very quickly on the World Stage. It’s popularity is due in part to the fact that a team is much easier to put together . . . only TWO people.
You and your spouse or your kid or your friend or one of your 4 person team teammates. How easy is that?
The game is faster paced with only 5 stones thrown per team (plus 2 placed) but is no less strategic than the 4 person game.
- Player 1 – throws stones 1 and 5
- Player 2 – throws stones 2, 3, 4
- You can change your throwing order at the completion of any end
- One “Power Play” allowed per team in the game – when you have the hammer
- Choose to have the non-throwing player hold the broom or sweep from the throwing end (no one will knows if you missed the broom . . . HA!)
- No takeouts allowed until the 4th thrown stone
- You lose the hammer if you blank the end!
- Pictures of the layout of positioned stones are displayed here (including the Power Play)
See Rules below – taken from Curling Canada website, November, 2020.