- Thursday @ 3:00pm
- Starts: October 19, 2017
- Ends: March 8, 2018
- Jodie Pruden
NB: Kids in lower grades may join but, with them, we require a parent on the ice at all times.
FUN and development of basic curling skills and self-esteem.
Kids are split into novice and intermediate groups based on age and skill.
- Instruction on basic to higher level skills depending on the capabilities and needs of the kids
- Games appropriate to the skill level of the group, including real game play
- Special event dates: ‘bring a friend day’, Halloween, Christmas, Valentines
- Testing for the Curl BC Skills award program earning Curl BC skill badges
- Free Salmon Arm Curling Centre T-Shirt
- Free access to curling shoes (if sizes available), grippers, brooms, delivery devices and sticks
Dick Mann, Kate & Darryl Horne, Cliff Hosker, Jodie Pruden, . . . all volunteers! It may sound like lots BUT we require a high instructor to junior ratio for safety and delivery of a great program! We would love to have YOUR help. If you feel you need some ‘basic training’ before you help out, Kate & Darryl Horne are both certified ‘coach trainers’ with Curl BC; they’d be happy to spend some time with you.
SACC brooms, shoes, grippers, delivery devices and sticks are available for use but must remain at the centre for others to use. Shoe tags are available to identify a pair of shoes as ‘yours’ for your ice times. We encourage players to purchase their own. Proper fitting shoes with a well cared for slider make a world of difference to skill development.
NO JEANS, please! Curlers need stretchy pants to get into a proper slide position. SWEAT PANTS ARE GREAT! Dress warmly – gloves that don’t allow hands to slip down the broom (knitted gloves are too slippery), toques, layers are good.
Competitive Junior League Play
If your child is ready for more competitive play, the Inter City Curling League (.pdf) may be right for your family (in addition to Salmon Arm Junior Curling).